Applicants for Electrical Apprenticeship who complete the application process (your status can be viewed on your online portal) will be scheduled to take the NJATC Apprentice Selection Aptitude Test Battery.
- Bring a photo ID to the test. Your ID will be checked. No ID, no test. No exceptions!
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled test time. Late entries will not be permitted. A late show is the same as a “No Show.”
- Calculators may NOT be used during the test. Do not bring any type of calculator. Pencils and scrap paper are provided for computation.
- If you do not receive a qualifying score (4 or higher), you will not be eligible to retake the test (at any JATC in the country) for a period of six months.
What to expect
- The test is administered at our location and takes approximately two-and-a-half hours to complete. It consists of two parts: Math and Reading Comprehension (see a sample test below). A short break is given in-between.
- Our office receives results from the test approximately two weeks from the test date.
- Applicants receiving a score of at least 4 (out of a possible 9) will be advanced to the next step of the application process, a personal interview with the JATC Committee.
You’re just few steps away from a bright future in the Electrical Industry
To learn more, contact us today. We'll be happy to answer all of your questions.
For privacy reasons, the YJATC Office Staff will only speak about an applicant to the applicant.